Gallery

Psychedelic Dimensions by Dawid Michalczyk


I was looking for a surreal art when this had caught my attention. I love the way colors and shapes are used to perfectly describe that psychedelic feeling when I plug into my iPod to listen to my ambient, electronic collection. It is the very color I see when I close my eyes, lost between space and sound.

More About the Artist:


Dawid Michalczyk started creating digital images in 1993 after several years of fascination with computer graphics from Amiga demos and games. In mid 1990's, he got into 3D graphics, created a website and started posting renderings online. He had worked full time as a 3D artist on "The Longest Journey", a PC adventure game developed at Funcom, Norway. Later, he moved to USA to work on "Unreal 2" and other computer games at Legend Entertainment. Since 2004, he have been working on a freelance basis.

What is Your Inspiration for this art?

I was thinking for some time about doing a cool psychedelic picture. Eventually I decided to dedicate a whole weekend to it and initiated the process one Friday afternoon. It was time for another atmospheric journey.

To get myself in the mood I started by
listening to one of my favorite psychedelic ambient albums "Mystical experiences" by "The Infinity Project". It's one of those classic down tempo ambient albums that gets you out there... not exactly to the "Sound becomes color and color becomes sound" dimension, but to a certain unique state of mind that is under heavy influence of the music.

So while absorbing all those enigmatic
trance vibes, I started getting ideas how to create a hallucinogenic multi-dimensional visual experience in 2D format. After exploring several concepts I set for a visual fusion of colorful waves and organic patterns engaged in a spiral movement toward a source of light. Later I added several orbs to create a greater sense of depth and motion. It all ended up working quite well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....